3/29/08

.



This chick gave it all she had. It's the story in the Bible of the poor widow who only gave a copper coin or two, while all the other guys were putting in all kinds of cash into the temple pot, and they totally looked down on her for it, that is until Jesus busted them and said that her contribution meant more to the Kingdom of God than their donation, because it was all she had.

I thought of this story just now because I was thinking of copper, and I was thinking of copper because of those chains. (a typical chain reaction in my head)

So about giving all you have. Whatever that may be, it's all good. Whatever you have to give, whatever you're good at, whatever you can contribute is valuable, no matter how it compares to what others are doing and giving.

Also! Your passions and interests are there for a reason. I honestly believe that our hearts and heads are filled with the desire already to do the things we should be doing. As in, our interests are God-given. Talents. Abilities. What fuels you. Even if it's something that you think isn't important- it is! Like say you like to kill bugs and you like to spray them and watch them slowly suffer and die. So you become an exterminatior. But then you get all depressed thinking you're not doing anything monumental. YOU TOTALLY ARE!!!! EVERYTHING MATTERS!!! It ALL fits together! Like a big puzzle! KEEP GOING!!!!!

Whatever you do. Whatever you are. Even if you're stuck at home, for whatever reason, sitting on your ass. YOU ARE STILL VALUABLE and whatever it is that you can do, it's appreciated. By the universe. By people all around you. By God.

Even if all you can do is call your wrinkled grandmother and tell her you love her. Or toss a bread crust to a bird. Or say a prayer for your cousin who got hit by a Mack truck. Or scrub the toilet even.

IT ALL COUNTS! You should listen to me! I've been holed up in this apartment with no money or job or car for over a year! And I've been more productive during this time than ever before! So what if I don't have a penny to my name! Well actually I did. Earlier today I had $9.50 to my name but I blew it at the mall on some new earrings. Tiny little studs. They are cute but OK DO YOU HEAR ME?

Follow your heart, do what you love to do, find someone or something to help and know how valuable you are to God and this wretched world we are stuck in.

Ok that's all for now.
Love! A.

Blog Archive