3/29/08

.




I got horoscopes on my mind again tonight, so I figured I better say something about it.

I could write about the history of the zodiac but I'm too lazy. I could get into the whole thing about how it's really a misunderstood story of the stars, that many believe it tells the story of mankind and of redemption and salvation. I could sift through the many different versions of the zodiac as represented by various cultures or I could say the obvious, that it's occultic and just flat-out stay away from it. I could mention how there is truth to it, and point out how accurate the signs are. Creepy. However! Just because you discover a hidden source of knowledge does not make it ok. That would be an entire different topic for a blog. So I'll just keep it simple and put it this way...


If you are a Christian, you know what that means as far as the whole new life thing goes, right? That the old flesh is dead, and you now have the distinct honor of walking in your new life given to you by Christ? That you don't have to go around saying anymore how lazy and stupid you are, but that with Christ, all things are made new, and with Him you are energetic and bright? Cause it's all about Him in you and not you in you? You know that?


Well? So why acknowledge horoscopes, which are nothing but little mirrors of the flesh nature? To allow yourself to be labeled by your zodiac sign is discrediting and undermining what Jesus Christ did for you on the cross. Don't fall for it. It's tempting because we all like to be identified and we all like to feel unique. People get their sign tattooed on themselves, wear zodiac jewelry, post their sign on their myspace, etc etc, in order to back up their identity. It helps you feel good, you can say, "this is who I am."

Well guess what. That's NOT who you are. That might be who you were, or who your flesh-tendencies might want you to be, but that's not who you are in Christ. It's a lie. One more trick of the enemy to get you to STAY STUCK.

I choose to keep moving forward, even if at a snail's pace. I choose to not be labeled and told who I am by ANYTHING or ANYONE other than my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He makes all things new. I refuse to claim any other identity other than who He says I am. Even though I still am not sure of myself during times of growth and change, even though it would be easier to have myself all figured out and labeled and properly classified.

I would rather keep growing. I would rather thank Him for what He did for me.

As to the exact reason why horoscopes are evil and not to be touched, it's simple. It's of the occult, hidden knowledge. I won't touch it or acknowledge it. I don't need to understand why. Sort of like the whole "don't eat the apple" thing. It doesn't bother me that they got in trouble and I don't need to get it as to why it was wrong. I don't care. I have blind faith. I trust my Maker. Like a child. Who are we to question Him?

Wisdom and understanding are available to all who seek it. If I had more ambition I would dilligently ask of Him to flood my mind with all kinds of revelation regarding the zodiac and the occult and the Tree of Life and all that. But like I've said before, my brain cells are limited and I'd rather focus on other things, such as, moving away from who I used to be, and even who I currently am, and keep following Christ and keep dying unto the flesh and keep growing in my identity in Him and keep running, running, always running towards the finish line...

Yup.
Oh! Speaking of running. Today I was thinking about what it might be like when I die, as in, the exact moment, actually leaving my body and being brought on up to heaven, and I could think of doing nothing else but running. I can see myself slipping out of my body, and there will be two glittery angels and they're trying to take my hand and lead me softly up the golden stairs, and I'm like, "no thanks", and I just bust out RUNNING up the stairs and bust into heaven and run into where God is. I just want to run to Him. I want to see Him. I want to go home.
I'm running home, even now.

Blog Archive