3/29/08

.



I still can't believe this happened.

Several months ago, I had (one of many) a profile on myspace. Just goofing off, enjoying talking with my daughter's friends. I love teenagers. Anyway, one night, I was woken up around 3 am, just out of the blue, to pray. You know what God showed me? How to do my page. I saw rainbow-swirl background, pot leaves, bongs. And I saw that He wanted me to write all about drug use. I was...shocked. And amused. He wanted me to make it fun and entertaining, for the kids! How cool is that? I even put that song on there by Musical Youth, "pass the dutchie", from the 70's. I was cracking up the whole time as I put the whole thing together.

And then when I was all ready, I started to write. I went blank. I told God, "what on earth am I supposed to say?"

The following is what came out of me. The first part is my writing, then the last paragraph I borrowed from another site (lionofzion.com)



Now here's the thing. Here's the thing that blows me away. I created the page, and I had it up for a few days. Then, I started to get all self-conscious, like I always do. Because I was wondering what her friends were thinking, will they still think I was the cool mommy? (hey I cherish my cool mommy status. don't laugh.) So, I chickened out, and changed the page after a few days, put it back to whatever. Took the rainbow background down, took the drug article down. Took the bong cursor down. (yes I had a bong cursor.)

Get this~ after changing it, about a day passed. I thought, I obeyed God, I had it up for a while, I did what I was supposed to do. Anyway, I put it back to however I wanted it, and was just goofing off, when.....and I kid you not....out of the blue, just like that, the page PUT ITSELF BACK TO HOW GOD WANTED IT. I am not kidding. In an instant, it was all back. The background, the pot leaves, the bong cursor, and my article on weed and why it is wrong. He put it back.

I sat there, stunned. I was afraid to move. I was like, um...God?

Ok. I knew that I was wrong to up and change something that He woke me up at 3 am to do. So, I changed my password (with my eyes closed) and locked myself out of there. The page remains, intact, like He wanted it. It makes my heart beat fast to look at it, to be honest, it scares me.



I have gotten some good reports on it. I have heard that it has been a real blessing to one teen in particular. But to tell you the truth, I really don't want to know who has read it. I just step back from it and trust God. Here's the stuff I wrote. Maybe you know a teen who might benefit from it? If you do, please pass it on, and tell them how much God loves them!






Let's talk about drugs, shall we? Who here enjoys a little smoke

now & then? Who here lights up on a daily basis? Who here

believes that it's harmless? People, weed may be "natural", but

that does not mean that it was created to be smoked in order to

produce a mental high. Oh, what do I know about drugs? (And

yes, marijuana IS a drug...) Well, let's just say that I have done

everything short of putting a needle in my arm, and that's only

because of my fear of needles. I know where you're at, peeps.

I've done it all. Tripped acid. Snorted cocaine. shrooms, hash,

ecsatasy, crank, and lots and lots of weed. And whatever else

was passed to me, I didn't care. So listen to me, people. I know

the need to escape, ok? And I'm not here to preach. I'm here to

share some truth with you. Because I care. First off, let me tell

you about my little brother. New Year's Eve, 1997. The wreck

that had I-35 backed up for miles and miles. He was 17 years

old. He was killed when the Jeep Cherokee he was driving flipped

over, throwing him out the window. He was crushed. The Jeep

flipped as a result of he and his friend attempting to switch

places, while they were driving. How idiotic, right? Well, that's

pretty much how Joe was towards the end. Before he got into

drugs, he was a brilliant, hillarious, friendly, social, and athletic

guy. Everybody loved Joe. Then, around the age of 16, he

started to smoke a little weed. Just a little. But, as usual, this

evolved, ever so slowly, into other things. By the time Joe died,

he was taking horse tranquilizers mixed with Vodka. He turned

into a total idiot. People, do you understand how weed works? It

may be true that it's not physically addictive, but it affects the

inhibition area of the brain, well duh, that's why it makes you

feel so relaxed. Listen. Guard your brain. Protect your mind.

Weed DOES kill off brain cells. Stop and think about it. WHY

would you want to do that? Why? Do you people even realize

how PRECIOUS your mind is? I am just recovering from a 7-

month stint with west nile virus. It went straight to my brain.

For months I could not think straight, I had virtually NO short-

term memory, no desire to do anything, no determination, no

drive, no motivation, and no joy. I know what it is to have a

mind that does not work, and now, I will never take my brain for

granted, ever again. Your mind is a beautiful thing, ya'll. It's a

miracle, and here we stupid humans are, polluting it and messing

it up. WEED IS NOT HARMLESS. That is a LIE. It will pull you in

deeper....and it does not stop there. You guys all know that I am

a die-hard Christian. I want to tell you that using any substance

that interferes with the normal processes of the mind is, in the

eyes of God, a form of witchcraft. Yeah, you heard that right. He

calls it "an abomination" and "detestable". Why? Because you

are screwing with the dark side when you use drugs. People, it

goes beyond the physical. When you use drugs, you are opening

your mind to a whole different dimension. Imagine opening a

forbidden door in your mind. That's exactly what's happening.

It's a doorway and it allows the enemy access to your mind.

People, I have seen things you would not believe. I have seen

demons, and so did my brother. I will leave you with this story,

something Joe told me before he died. He came over to my

house one evening, really messed up and really frightened. He

described to me something that had just happened to him. He

was getting stoned out of his mind, as usual, laying on the hood

of a car with his friend. And then he had this incredible

experience: He found himself outside of his body, and standing in

the presence of Jesus. The Lord said to Joe, "Why are you doing

this to yourself, Joe?" He pointed to the car, and Joe looked, and

saw his body, it appeared dead! His friend was beside him,

panicking and trying to revive him. Again, Jesus asked, "Why are

you doing this, Joe?" Then, a second later, Joe was back inside

his body, and his friend said, "Dude, I thought you were dead!!"

It turns out, what Joe saw on the hood really took place. No, this

was not a hallucination. This was a true spiritual encounter. It

happens. People, we are not meant to pollute our minds and our

bodies. You were lovingly created, and for a purpose! Don't

subdue yourself, don't allow yourself to believe the lie. We are

lied to. We are told that it's all ok, that it's good for you to just

lie back and chill. Just chill your way thru life. Listen, it's BETTER

to be awake. It's BETTER to feel. It may be harder, but it's

worth it. You are SO LOVED. You are SO VALUED. You are

CHERISHED by God! So stop with the smoke already! It ain't

worth it. It's dangerous. love you. ♥




WHO CONTROLS YOU? The thief (Satan) cometh not, but for to

steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I (Jesus) am come that they

may have life and that they might have it more abundantly."

John 10:10 ......the following info is taken from

http://www.lionofzion.com/ The most common argument within

the church against any sort of use of marijuana is the

"Pharmakeia argument". Although this argument can be heard

in almost any church, it is hard to recognize in a casual Bible

reading. In order to come to the conclusion of the Pharmakeia

argument one needs to study the original Koinne Greek Bible

text. Pharmakeia is a Greek word found in the New Testament

that means medication, pharmacy, magic, sorcery and

witchcraft. Its root is pharmakon which refers to a druggist,

pharmacist, poisoner, magician or sorcerer. God clearly states

that Pharmakeia (the use of drugs) is a sin in Galatians 5:19-

20a; "The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual

immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft"

(Pharmakeia). Most people are shocked when they learn that

this verse refers to drug use. Contrary to popular belief,

marijuana is not a new drug. In fact, just recently marijuana

ashes were found in a fourth-century tomb. The drug was

believed to have been smoked by a pregnant teenager sixteen

hundred years ago. Some documentations of marijuana use date

back as far as the nineteenth century B.C. The popularity and

use of marijuana has increased within the past few years. This

pattern of today's intensified drug use was prophesied almost

two thousand years ago in the book of Revelation. There are

three passages in this book that speak directly about

Pharmakeia, Revelation 9:21; 21:8; and 22:15....We conclude

that God is very serious about how he deals with this sin.

Marijuana is a hallucinogenic (Funk and Wagnalls 445). This is

one of the reasons why using it is sorcery and witchcraft. With

the use of drugs, you are opening yourself up to all sorts of

spiritual attacks and seducing spirits. Mind altering drugs are

used in witchcraft to alter your reality. This can be very

dangerous. This is why God calls us to be sober and avoid

attacks from Satan (I Peter 5:8). This implies that if we are

high, we cannot avoid attacks from the evil one. Marijuana is

clearly a stronghold that Satan has used on this world for many

generations. God can deliver and heal one from an addiction to

marijuana. The truth can be found only through faithfully

studying the word of God. "The grass withers and the flowers

fall, but the word of our God stands forever." (Isaiah 40:8)

Blog Archive